Bishop Kelley Stephenson Family Library
Library Hours: 7:30-5:00
- The library is open for your use and enjoyment each morning before school, during all lunches, and after school until 5:00. Come enjoy the library cafe, browse for books, use the computers, play chess, work on an assignment, or relax with a good book!
- Students may check out up to 15 books, and may keep them for a period of two weeks.
- Twenty-four library computers, and two additional computer labs are available for student use.
- Students are provided instruction on accessing print sources, online databases, eBooks, and other resources needed for the research process.
- Interlibrary loan is available to students, faculty, and all members of the Bishop Kelley community.
- The library features books nominated for the Oklahoma Library Association's Sequoyah Masterlist for high school students, and other award-winning titles.
- The Bishop Kelley Book Club, sponsored by Mrs. Parrish, is a quarterly club for both teachers and students. For more information, see the Book Club page.
- If you have questions or comments about the library media center, please feel free to contact Lee Ann Parrish at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see our student guidelines for library use here: StudentLIBRARYGUIDELINES.docx.pdf
Tulsa City-County Library - Did you realize that because you attend school in Tulsa County, you are eligible for a library card from the Tulsa City-County Library system? Go to their homepage, click "Get a Library Card" at the top, fill out the online application and have instant access in minutes. Download eBooks, music, research with the "Deep Web", and get homework help all at one site! Be sure to check out the database options available from the Tulsa City-County Library. Click our Library's "Student Resources" page for more information. You can use your own Tulsa City-County Library account information, or see Mrs. Parrish for the Bishop Kelley Institutional account log in.
Library Catalog Search our library's collection. See Mrs. Parrish about creating an account to check out eBooks, place holds, and view your borrowed items. The library catalog is searchable from both home and school.
EBSCO - EBSCOhost is a powerful online reference system accessible via the Internet. It offers a variety of proprietary full text databases and popular databases from leading information providers.
User ID: bishopk Password: library
Opposing Viewpoints in Context is an engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today's hottest social issues. Drawing on the acclaimed Greenhaven Press series, the solution features continuously updated viewpoints, topic overviews, full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, statistics, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites organized into a user-friendly portal experience. Ask Mrs. Parrish for the password.
World History in Context - Understand 5,000 years of civilization from a 21st-century framework. Aligned to state and national curriculum standards, World History In Context provides an overview of world history that covers the most-studied events, periods, cultures, civilizations, religions, conflicts, wars, ideologies, cultural movements, and people. Ask Mrs. Parrish for the password.
Gale Interactive Science - Allows you to manipulate interactive 3D models related to a variety of key scientific concepts. These models are paired with Gale reference and periodical articles, providing helpful background information aligned to the hands-on learning activities. Ask Mrs. Parrish or your science teacher for login information.
Gale Science in Context - The premier online resource providing authoritative information on all major science topics from earth science and life science, to space, technology, mathematics and science history and biography. Ask Mrs. Parrish or your science teacher for login information.
World Religions - Explores religion and spirituality in an objective manner, from the ceremonies of the first practitioners to the elaborate rituals of today. Ask Mrs. Parrish for login information.
Time Vault - Bishop Kelley now has access to the “Time Vault” through our magazine subscription to Time magazine. Times’s new digital archive allows subscribers not only access to news stories from the past, but also the experience of flipping through the physical magazine, showing the graphics, pictures and advertisements that accompanied every Time magazine story, dating back to the first issue in 1923. Sign-in in the upper right corner using email: email@example.com Ask Mrs. Parrish for the password.