All students at Bishop Kelley High School are entitled to a quality, Catholic education, In keeping with this philosophy, academic support is available to all students. These programs include Math Lab, Writing Lab, and IConnect. Students in need of academic support are expected to complete the regular coursework with minimal accommodations. Modifications to coursework will not be a component.
Accommodations available through the iConnect class website might include:
- Extended time
- Alternate test-taking procedures
- Organizational assistance
- Academic coaching
Program components of iConnect
- Highly qualified Learning Specialists direct the iConnect Program.
- The Learning Specialists work in conjunction with the classroom teachers to assist students.
- Students may access the Learning Specialists before school, at lunch, after school, or as directed by their classroom teachers.
Students with a diagnosed academic disability
- Must submit to a psycho-educational or psycho-neurological battery of tests.
- May be eligible to receive additional accommodations for SAT or ACT if testing is current (within three years), and accommodations have been utilized in classes. The Learning Specialists will submit the proper paperwork, but all decisions will be made by the testing agency.
Sources of academic support
- Individual help before or after school with your teacher (based on teacher availability).
- Math lab – help with math homework (staffed by a BK math teacher and student assistants). Monday & Wednesday 3:15-4:15pm in C-10 or Tuesday & Thursday 3:15-4:15pm in C-2.
- Writing lab – help with essays for any class or for college applications (staffed by a BK English teacher). Monday-Thursday 3:15-4:15pm in Library Lab 3.
- Study hall – a quiet place to study. Monday-Thursday, 3:15-4:00 p.m. in B-6.
Professional tutoring - if you wish to hire a professional tutor, our counselors can provide a list of qualified tutors.