GO for Catholic Schools

 

GO for Catholic Schools (“GO”) is a tool that gives Oklahoma taxpayers the power to proactively reallocate a portion of their state income taxes (that must be paid anyway) to benefit the Catholic schools of their choice!

How?

· GO contributors earn a state income tax credit worth up to a 75% of the amount contributed through GO, which directly reduces the income taxes they pay on a dollar-for-dollar basis.

o Married couples may earn up to a $2,000 credit each calendar year, by making a $2,667 contribution with a two-year written commitment.

o Single persons may earn up to a $1,000 credit each calendar year, by making a $1,333 contribution with a two-year written commitment.

o NOTE: Businesses may earn a maximum annual tax credit of $100,000.

How does my contribution benefit Bishop Kelley?

· GO contributors may designate up to 90% of their total contribution to the Catholic schools of their choice, including Bishop Kelley. 

o The remaining 10% goes to fund scholarships at Catholic schools where the need is greatest, often the feeder schools to Bishop Kelley, but always schools serving a shared mission.

What does GO do with the contributions?

· Every single dollar contributed to GO for scholarships goes to help students attend a Catholic school in the Diocese of Tulsa!

o 90% to the Catholic schools designated by the GO contributor and the remaining 10% Catholic schools where the need is greatest.

· GO scholarships are awarded annually to all students (both Catholic and non-Catholic) with a demonstrated financial need for assistance, whose families are working hard to afford a Catholic school education for their children.

o We estimate that [90%] of students currently attending our Catholic schools would qualify for a GO scholarship, making tuition more affordable and our schools more accessible for families.

· GO is providing [229] scholarships with a total value of at least [$228,375] to students at Bishop Kelley High School in the 2018-19 school year.  

 

History of GO scholarships:

 

School Year

TOTAL

 

2013-14

2014-15

2015-16

2016-17

2017-18

2018-19

Bishop Kelley

$ 11,900

$ 39,525

$ 44,400

$ 65,450

$ 132,100

$ 228,375

$ 521,750

All Catholic Schools Combined

$ 56,675

$ 239,825

$ 298,450

$ 344,850

$ 557,900

$ 708,881

$ 2,206,581

For more information, please visit the website: www.GOforcatholicschools.com

For questions about how GO works for Bishop Kelley, please contact Doug Thomas, Bishop Kelley Director of Philanthropy at 918.609.7115.